Hugo has joined BarentsKrans in 2016. He assists clients in civil proceedings up to and including the Dutch Supreme Court. Hugo was admitted to the Dutch Supreme Court bar in 2020. Hugo focuses on disputes concerning contract law, liability law and procedural law. In addition, Hugo represents clients in arbitration proceedings as well as in disputes regarding the setting aside and enforcement of arbitral awards.
In addition, Hugo is a PhD research fellow at Leiden University. Hugo works on a PhD concerning the principle of estoppel. He co-authors a leading Dutch treatise on that subject.
- Member of the Supreme Court Litigation Association
- Member of the Young Dutch Litigation Association
- Leiden University, PhD research fellow
- The Hage Court of Appeal, court clerk (2015-2016)
- Utrecht University, LL.M. Legal Research (cum laude) (2016)
- Utrecht University, LL.B. Law