Hugo has joined BarentsKrans since 2016 and is a member of the Commercial Contracts and Supreme Court Litigation practice groups. He represents Dutch and international clients in civil proceedings, also at the Dutch Supreme Court. Hugo specialises in the contract law and civil procedure law. Hugo is admitted to the Dutch Supreme Court bar.
In addition, Hugo is a researcher at Leiden University, researching the forfeiture of rights and requirements to complain under the law of obligations. He co-authors a leading treatise on that subject.
- Co-author of Sdu Commentaar Burgerlijk Procesrecht (written commentary on the Dutch Code of Civil Procedure)
- Secretary, Vereniging Jonge Procesadvocaten (Young Litigation Lawyers’ Association)
- Member, Vereniging Civiele Cassatieadvocaten (Supreme Court Litigation Association)
- Utrecht University, research assistant (2016)
- The Hague Court of Appeal, court clerk (2015-2016)
- Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn, legal assistant (2014-2015)
- Utrecht University, LLM Legal Research (cum laude) (2016)
- University of Regensburg, Philosophy, Erasmus Exchange Programme (2013-2014)