Sam van der Weiden
Sam has been working at BarentsKrans since 2015, where he is a member of the Real Estate practice. He is broadly interested, practically minded and enjoys challenges. For these reasons, Sam is active in both the transaction and litigation practice of BarentsKrans.
In the transaction practice, Sam has particular experience with sustainable energy projects (especially solar energy). The team of BarentsKrans regularly acts as the legal advisor of the developer or the financier of such a project.
Sam’s greatest passion is litigation, particularly in the field of real estate and liability, attachment and enforcement law and (commercial) tenancy law. In such disputes, Sam has represented the interests of school groups, (project) developers, a care foundation, various commercial landlords and property managers, and private landlords.
In 2022, Sam successfully completed a further specialisation course in the field of procedural law and liability law.
- Grotius postgraduate specialisation training in Business and Liability (2022)
- Maastricht University, Civil Law (2014)
- Member of the Young Real Estate Lawyers Association (Vereniging Jong Onroerend Goed Juristen)
- Member of the Young Dutch Litigation Association (Vereniging Jonge Procesadvocaten)
- Court Clerk, Civil Law Department, District Court Maastricht