Tim’s focus is on competition law and procurement law. He always aims for the most efficient solution to competition and procurement law issues.
Tim advises companies to ensure their operations are in line with the competition rules. This includes advice on cooperation agreements, distribution contracts and mergers and acquisitions. Tim also assists companies with investigations and fining procedures of the Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM) and other competition authorities, and in proceedings before the civil courts.
In the area of procurement law, Tim mostly assists private parties with tender submissions. Prior to a call for tenders, he advises tenderers when drafting their bids. Tim also has ample experience in proceedings arising from invitations to tender.
In addition, Tim has gained considerable experience in the healthcare sector, which is changing rapidly. These changes include mergers, acquisitions and other forms of cooperation, giving rise to competition-law issues that need careful consideration before signing a contract. Furthermore, Tim regularly advises and litigates in the area of healthcare procurement (e.g. in relation to the Dutch Youth Act (Jeugdwet) and the Dutch Social Support Act (Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning).
Selected directory listings
‘Tim Raats is dedicated, listens and is an expert in his field. He is very good at incorporating the views of the client in a sound juridical plea.’ – Legal 500, 2021
A ‘fantastic lawyer‘ with lots of experience. – Legal 500, 2020
- Member of the Dutch Competition Law Association (Vereniging voor Mededingingsrecht)
- Member of the Antitrust Commission of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Tim regularly publishes in competition-law and procurement-law journals
- Postgraduate course in EU Competition Law, King’s College, with merit (2016)
- Master’s degree in Law, Tilburg University (2010)
- Master’s degree in International Business Law, Tilburg University, cum laude (2008)