Nikky van Triet
Nikky has been an attorney-at-law since 2015 and joined BarentsKrans in July 2022. She runs a broad cassation practice in the field of contract and liability law and private law in relation to the public sector, but she also has years of experience in litigation at district courts and courts of appeal. Nikky was admitted to the Dutch Supreme Court bar in 2020.
Nikky has particular expertise in advising and litigating at the interface of public and private law, for example government liability due to unlawful decisions, incorrect provision of information, non-fulfilment of commitments and disputes on competence agreements. She acts on behalf of public authorities, utility companies and corporations.
In 2022, Nikky will complete her dissertation at Radboud University on the civil and administrative law consequences of a breach of trust by the government. She publishes frequently about topics regarding government liability and regularly gives lectures to courts and authorities, among others.
- Editor of Maandblad voor Vermogensrecht (magazine on property law)
- Test developer ‘Overheidsprakelijkheid’ (Government liability) Professional Education Programme for the Legal Profession
- Member of the Supreme Court Litigation Association
- Member of the Administrative Law Association
- Member of the Women’s Network for Administrative Law
- Member of the Association for Liability and Damages Law
- Van der Feltz advocaten, attorney-at-law in the field of civil cassation and government private law (2015-2022)
- Radboud University Nijmegen, PhD candidate and lecturer in the field of government liability law (2017-2022)
- University of Oxford, Magister Juris (2015)
- Leiden University, master’s degree in Constitutional and administrative law (cum laude) (2014)
- Leiden University, bachelor’s degree in Law (2012)
- Leiden University, bachelor’s degree in Greek and Latin language and culture (2012)