Koen van Wijk
Koen obtained master’s degrees in both notarial law and tax law (both in 2015) and has several years of experience as a candidate civil-law notary. Koen joined BarentsKrans in 2018 and is a candidate civil-law notary in the Corporate/ M&A practice group. In this area his responsibilities include drafting the entire range of notarial documents for company incorporations, cross-border transactions, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, demergers, corporate governance and reorganisations. Koen also has experience in setting up large-scale charities, and he has implemented several restructuring plans in the healthcare sector.
Koen’s great passion for travel has taken him all over the world. His knowledge of and experience with other countries, cultures and people have given Koen a broad world view. This contributes to his working method, which is swift and personal. Partly due to these qualities, Koen is able to respond to his clients’ needs and wishes immediately. Also, in addition to Dutch and English, Koen speaks Italian.
- Board member of the Foundation for the Vocational Training of Civil-Law Notaries (SBN)
- Member of the Junior Civil-Law Notaries Commission of the Royal Dutch Association of Civil-Law Notaries (KNB)
- Member of the Union Council of the ANWB Association
- Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn, junior civil-law notary (2015-2018)
- Netwerk Notarissen, legal assistant corporate law (2013-2015)
- Grotius Academy, specialisation course in Vennootschap en Onderneming (cum laude, 2021)
- Radboud University Nijmegen, master’s degree in Notarial Law (2013-2015)
- Radboud University Nijmegen, master’s degree in Tax Law (2013-2015)
- Luiss Guido Carli Università, Rome, several law courses in both Italian and English (2011)