Jocelynn is a specialist in the field of national and international Commercial Contracts. She drafts all types of commercial contracts, such as distribution contracts, agency contracts, consultancy contracts, contracts for services and purchase agreements. In addition, she advises and litigates on (the termination of) commercial contracts and on liability issues. Jocelynn has gained extensive experience in litigating and conducting international arbitration proceedings (before arbitration institutes like the Netherlands Arbitration Institute, NOFOTA and NZV) and she is a secretary of the Netherlands Arbitration Institute. Clients value her pragmatic approach, her ability to skillfully translate complex theory in hands on and business centered advice and the endless energy she puts into each case. This approach and her expertise make her a trusted advisor and enable her clients to remain focused on their business.
In 2017 Jocelynn graduated cum laude from the post-graduate specialization program on National and International Contracting at the Grotius Academy. Jocelynn contributed to the second edition of the international handbook “International Commercial Agency and Distribution Agreements”, published in 2017 by Wolters Kluwer. She joined BarentsKrans in July 2018.
Other related activities
- Secretary of the Netherlands Arbitration Institute
- Member of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Member of the Distribution, Franchise and Agency Law Association (DFA Association)
- Kneppelhout & Korthals N.V., lawyer (2011 – 2018)
- Stephenson Harwood LLP, secondee (2018)
- Magazine Juridisch up to Date, editor of the Commercial Contracts, Transport and Logistics section (2015-2018)
- Grotius Academy, post-graduate specialization program on National and International Contracting (cum laude) (2017)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, Master’s degree in Business Law (2010)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, Master’s degree in Financial Law (2010)