Jan-Paul Heering heads the Supreme Court litigation group. He has wide experience in Supreme Court litigation and appellate litigation. He advises lawyers and their clients on complex civil and administrative law matters. He also specializes in civil liability cases and insurance law. Jan-Paul advises lawyers and their clients on the options and opportunities for appeals in cassation and he litigates before the Dutch Supreme Court on the aforesaid areas of law. He also advises them on the structure of proceedings on appeal as well as after cassation and referral. Jan-Paul is a lawyer since 1995. He became partner of BarentsKrans in 2004 and is one of the best known cassation experts in the Netherlands.
- Co-author of Sdu Commentaar Burgerlijk Procesrecht (written commentary on the Dutch Code of Civil Procedure)
- Board member of VCCA (Vereniging van Civiele Cassatieadvocaten)
- Deputy Judge in the Court of Appeal (since 2004)
- Arbitrator at the NAI (Nederlands Arbitrage Instituut) (since 2010)
- Lectures on civil litigation and publishes books and articles on legal and theological issues and topics.