Berend Westerveld works as a lawyer at the IP & Technology department. Berend focuses on patent law and does advisory and litigation work for international clients. Within patent law Berend works on matters such as invalidity proceedings, infringement proceedings and litigation costs.
Through his sales experience at Michael Page Berend has a commercial mindset and is business savvy. As a result he quickly understands matters from a business point of view and is able to see a legal question in a broader context. Berend is known as a pleasant collocutor.
Berend speaks Dutch and English and has a good understanding of German and French.
- De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, student-intern (2018)
- Hoyng ROKH Monegier, paralegal/student-intern (2018)
- Brinkhof, student-intern (2018)
- Michael Page, consultant finance (2017-2018)
- Universiteit van Amsterdam, LL.M. Information law (2015-2016)
- Bond University Gold Coast, Exchange student (2014)