William has been practising law since 1996 and had been a partner at BarentsKrans since 2001. William is a specialist in the field of Financial Litigation. He acts on behalf of investors and consumers as well as for financial institutions. William has extensive experience in complex litigation, both on an individual as class action basis. He is reputed for his work in high-profile class action litigation cases in banking and securities law, such as Via Claim, Leaseverlies (share leasing schemes) and most recently Verliespolis (information and costload of unit-linked life insurance). William also advises on the development of new financial products. William joined the board of BarentsKrans in 2006 and was managing partner from January 2008 to December 2013.
“William Schonewille is particularly known for his work on financial sector disputes, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in compensation claims“.
- Member of the Supervisory Board and Chairman of the Audit Committee Woonkracht10, Zwijndrecht
- Member of the Supervisory Board HWW Zorg, The Hague
- Lecturer Master of Financial Planning, Erasmus University, Rotterdam
- Lecturer Certified Compliance Officer NIBE SVV, Amsterdam
- Lecturer Business Valuation Rotterdam School of Management, Rotterdam
- Member of the Vereniging voor Financieel Recht
- Member of the Vereniging Handelsrecht
- Member of the Nederlandse Juristen Vereniging
- Member of the Vereniging Corporate Litigation