Specialising in European and Dutch competition law and procurement law, Tim advises companies to ensure that their operations comply with competition rules. This includes advice on collaboration agreements, distribution contracts, and mergers and acquisitions. Tim also assists companies in investigations and penalty procedures initiated by the Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM) and other competition authorities, and in proceedings before civil courts.
As part of his procurement law specialism, Tim acts for companies in various markets, with a focus on the healthcare market. He has extensive experience in both litigation and advising tenderers, particularly in the areas of youth mental health care, home care and private procurement by health insurers.
Tim regularly publishes in competition and procurement journals.
“Tim Raats listens well and quickly understands what an issue is about. He also has a good understanding of our company’s attitude towards risk, providing advice along those lines.”
- Editor of Juridisch up to Date
- National correspondent for the European Competition and Regulatory Law Review
- Guest lecturer on competition law at the Utrecht Summer School
- Member of the Competition Law Association (Vereniging voor Mededingingsrecht)
- Member of the Dutch Procurement Law Association (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Aanbestedingsrecht)
- Member of the Antitrust Commission of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
Post-graduate course in EU Competition Law (with merit) (2016)