Sophie is a counsel with broad experience in EU and Dutch competition law, handling cases relating to the cartel prohibition, abuse of dominance and merger control. She has over 10 years’ experience in competition litigation, representing claimants as well as defendants in follow-on cartel damages claims as well as in cases related to the abuse of a dominant position. She has particular experience in the financial services sector as well as the IT, healthcare and food and beverage sectors.
Before joining BarentsKrans in 2021, Sophie was part of the competition litigation team of Dutch law firm Boekel De Nerée (now: Dentons Europe LLP) and the global competition (litigation) group of DLA Piper. Her practice at DLA Piper also covered financial regulatory laws, advising banks, payment institutions and insurance companies.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Member of the Dutch Association for Competition Law
- Member of the Dutch Association for Corporate Litigation
- Member of the Dutch Association for Financial Law
- DLA Piper Nederland NV, attorney-at-law Litigation & Regulatory (2014 – 2020)
- Boekel De Nerée NV (now: Dentons Europe LLP), attorney-at-law EU & Competition Law (2007 – 2013)