Katherine’s main expertise consists of drafting cohabitation agreements, prenuptial agreements, wills, deeds of donation and deeds of incorporation of companies. In addition, she also specialises in setting up privacy structures, trusts and advising on matters regarding Dutch Caribbean law (Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Aruba and BES-islands).
In 2023, Katherine has completed her PhD dissertation at Leiden University on the introduction of the English and Curaçaoan trust models in the Dutch legal system and the ways in which this can be executed in legislation and legal practice.
- Lecturer and PhD researcher, Leiden University (2017 – 2023)
- Estate Planner, Deloitte Tax & Legal (2021 – 2023)
- Visiting Scholar, Institute of European and Comparative law (IECL), University of Oxford (2019)
- Candidate civil-law notary, Schaap Advocaten Notarissen (2017 – 2018)
- Member of the Royal Dutch Notarial Society (KNB)
- Associated writer column Notarial Foundation WPNR
Dutch, English, Spanish, Papiamentu