Whether you are a bank or investor looking to provide financing, or a borrower wishing to obtain financing, we are here to help. Thanks to many years of experience, we can guide you through the entire process, giving you all the assistance you need with financing options and structures.
Our services cover every stage of the procedure: from drafting the documentation (e.g. LMA documentation, credit agreements) and establishing security interests (e.g. pledges on shares, mortgages) to formulating and issuing legal opinions. We also have extensive knowledge and experience of syndicated loans (club deals) offered by groups of banks and the specific requirements that apply to the associated transaction documentation.
We can advise you on other forms of financing as well, such as:
- conventional business financing
- acquisition financing
- real estate financing
- other asset-based forms of financing
- leasing and factoring
- private bond issues
- financial restructuring
We regularly work in close partnership with firms in various other countries. These international links make our Financing practice group an attractive partner for international financing structures involving Dutch companies.
International financing matters
Examples of recent transactions involving BarentsKrans:
- advising a Canadian pigment manufacturer with a production site in the Netherlands on refinancing the entire group and restructuring its Dutch operations;
- advising a German bank on refinancing and leasing heavy machinery (pipe layers) in the oil and gas industry;
- reviewing the transaction documentation and issuing a legal opinion for a factoring agreement to be concluded with Barclays Bank PLC;
- drawing up and updating a monitoring chart on Dutch law for a French bank in the context of financing provided in the Netherlands;
- advising an Italian producer of professional cosmetics on a bond issue and refinancing, as well as providing legal opinions to the supervising banks.
Do you need advice on international financing? Or are you interested in arranging another form of financing? Get in touch with one of our legal specialists and we will be happy to help you with any financing questions that you have.