Private equity and venture capital
The lawyers and civil-law notaries in the Corporate/M&A practice group are engaged to handle private equity and venture capital (“PE and VC”) transactions. We act for investment companies and other parties involved in PE and VC transactions.
We focus particularly on overseeing mid-market transactions in the Netherlands. The knowledge and experience offered by our M&A practice is complemented by that of other specialists in our firm, who focus on competition, employment law, IP & Technology, IT, financial law and property.
Chambers and The Legal 500 recommend our team:
“BarentsKrans recently advised long-standing client Infotheek on the takeover of Network2Day. Michiel Martin and associate Elze van der Minne are ‘very knowledgeable’ and ‘motivated’. Senior associate Anke van Holthe tot Echten joined from Loyens & Loeff.”
We distinguish ourselves from big (international) firms because of the partner attention received by each and every transaction, small and specialist teams, dedicated specialists and competitive rates.
Our team in the Life Science and Technology practice group specialises in overseeing VC transactions. We are the regular adviser of the regional investment company InnovationQuarter and a partner of the World Startup Factory.
- The sale of Infotheek to the Swedish company Altor (2016)
- The sale of Fruity Line to Gilde Equity Management (2016)
- The sale of the Vincent Hotel Group to the Westmont Hospitality Group by management and PE funds Metric and Hutton Collins (2015)
- GIMV participation in Wellservices (2015)
- The acquisition by Greenfield Capital Partners of Stepco and Advo (2014)
- The sale by US LLR Partners and NewSpring and management of Quintiq (2014)
- The sale of BVA Auctions to Bencis Capital by the investor Ecart Invest (2014)
- Various investments by InnovationQuarter in Life Science and high-tech companies with offices in the province of South Holland
- Investment by Vermec in the Eternal Sun solar cell tester