Experienced counsel for arbitration
Our wide-ranging expertise in both national and international arbitration proceedings (including before the ICC, UNCITRAL, the Netherlands Arbitration Institute (Nederlands Arbitrage Instituut) and the Dutch Arbitration Board for the building industry (Raad van Arbitrage voor de Bouw)) enables us to assist you in diverse arbitration proceedings across industries. Our approach is pragmatic and highly effective.
Recent arbitration cases where we acted as lawyers (counsel) include:
- arbitration on a claim amounting to millions of euros pertaining to network costs in the energy sector;
- arbitration on a complex building project in the Middle East;
- summary arbitral proceedings on the termination of a supply agreement in the energy sector;
- arbitration on the sale of materials for use in the telecoms sector in the Middle East.
Setting aside arbitral awards, enforcement of arbitral awards
We also specialise in bringing proceedings for setting aside arbitral awards and proceedings on the enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in the Netherlands. We also have a global network of partner law firms at our disposal whichenables us to enforce Dutch arbitral awards abroad.
Examples of recent setting aside proceedings/enforcement proceedings include:
- setting aside proceedings for an arbitral award handed down on the basis of a BIT;
- cassation proceedings on the enforcement of a Russian arbitral award (which was set aside) in the Netherlands
Do you have any questions about arbitration?
If you wish to seek advice on initiating arbitration proceedings, setting aside or enforcing an arbitral award, or on what constitutes the best arbitration clause, please feel free to contact Rieme-Jan Tjittes or any other team member.